Does Your House Have Lions?

"One day in the late sixties, I was on the phone with Rahsaan and mentioned to him that just that day I bought a house.
He responded by asking, "Does your house have lions?"
I said, "What?"
He said, "Lions, you know like in front of a museum or the post office. You know, concrete lions. My house has lions. Get a house with lions."

--Joel Dorn

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

What song have you been listening to lately?

This week I've been playing "Salvation and Reminiscing" a ton.  I think it's a masterpiece and would love, one day, to hear it performed by a full-piece orchestra.  How rad would that be?

Things have been quiet over here in blogland so I thought I'd check in and give everyone an update.  Since I got back from Rahsaan's birthday celebration in San Jose, I've been writing, writing, and more writing.  Writing as much as possible every week, trying to close in on this latest draft.

How about you guys?  What have you been up to?  And yes, what music of Rah's have you been listening to lately?  X & O and Bright Moments always,

May