Does Your House Have Lions?

"One day in the late sixties, I was on the phone with Rahsaan and mentioned to him that just that day I bought a house.
He responded by asking, "Does your house have lions?"
I said, "What?"
He said, "Lions, you know like in front of a museum or the post office. You know, concrete lions. My house has lions. Get a house with lions."

--Joel Dorn

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Rahsaan having a big moment on the facebook page, "Humans of New York"

http://www.humansofnewyork.com/

You'll have to head over there yourself to see what all the fuss is about, but when I logged onto facebook tonight, some friends had linked the "Humans of New York" post for today, 6/22/2014, to my wall.  Anyway, there's a cool story about Rahsaan and as of this evening, the story has gotten over 160K likes and 4800 shares.

What's bringing tears to my eyes are all the comments by folks who have never heard of Rah and are now googling him and discovering him for the first time.

Bright Moments,
May